1 clio: 9/52

9/52

Sunday, March 3, 2013

A portrait a week, every week, in 2013.


Emily.

Today marks a year since Emily entered the world. To that where ever she goes joy follows would be a major understatement. Light shines out of this little girl’s eyes like you couldn’t imagine and no one can resist her flirty smiles.
When she was tiny Emily would curl up on my chest and sleep like a kitten. Her hair grew damp and downy as she breathed in slumber. I often felt like my heart would explode right out of my body.
This girl is love, there are no two ways about it. She has laughed and smiled her way through the past year and is rarely hard to console. We are trying to teach her to say ‘dog’, though at the moment it sounds more like ‘goh’. Her parents are some of the coolest people I know and it’s so nice to see them all more often now they live close by. I am so thankful that they trust me to look after their most special person too.
I already miss the tiny sleepy baby Emily once was but I am so excited to watch her grow up and learn to walk and talk and see the world brand new. I don’t think it gets much better than that.

Happy Birthday Emily! xo


PS I had to post two photos this week as opposed to the usual one because this girl had a french plait this week which was totally insane!

*this post is part of Jodi’s 52 Project. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words of encouragement.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

clio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger