1 clio: 2014

2014

Friday, January 3, 2014



This is going to be a big year. This is going to be a full year. A year of babies, and weddings and endings and beginnings. I am standing on the very edge of it all about to dive in but am thankful for a few days in which I can revel in this in-between space.
I like resolutions just like I like the first page of a new notebook and a freshly sharpened case of pencils. At first they are beautiful but quickly become intimidating and once the courage is finally plucked to begin they lose all of their shimmer and become quotidien.

I don’t want to make a huge list of things that I will, inevitably, fail at. I have enough of my current plate with a thesis, a typography project that literally makes me want to never go back to college because I cannot wrap my tiny head around it’s giant mass and a degree project that never gets enough of my attention. I am not complaining I am just apprehensive and excited and holding off diving in for as long as I can because it’s comfortable on my couch and Gossip Girl is on Netflix. And there’s brownies.

This year I am making a vow of conviction. I will have conviction in my work, with my tutors, in what I want to do and where I want to go. I hope it works.


1 comments:

  1. I've heard of people choosing a word to stand by, rather than a list of resolutions. I think this can be really beneficial, and it's less stressful or guilt-inducing, if that makes sense. Choosing "health" sounds better and more proactive than "lose 10 pounds." Health implies you will make a lifestyle change, rather than a short-term goal that you may, in the future, have to meet again. I like the idea of "conviction." To hold firm. To hold true. To finish and complete. I know you can do it. I know you're creative, I know you care about what you do. Just remember that no matter what stage of a project you're in, there should always be brownies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words of encouragement.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

clio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger