1 clio: rocking horse winner

rocking horse winner

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We're doing an illustration project in college at the moment for the story 'The Rocking Horse Winner' by DH Lawrence. It's a creepy, set in the 1920's and there's a rocking horse in it...so pretty much cool all round.

We have to do 5 illustrations for the text of the story and 1 for the cover. This is my cover design progress so far... gradually getting darker and darker. (my tutor keeps looking at me and going 'A child DIES.' in this creepy intense way, it's kind of hilarious.) If you haven't read the story, do!



After re-reading the story I realised that the rocking horse is meant to on springs... so annoying. So I kind of had to start again, but I'm much happier with how my new design is going. Here's a sneaky preview:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words of encouragement.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

clio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger